A Navy SEAL was asked "Why do you train in such extreme conditions?"
He replied “Under Pressure you don’t rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That’s why we train so hard.”
Seek being Uncomfortable. That is where you’ll find Greatness!
1. "My membership at Burnaby Athletics is the best health investment I have made, especially now that I'm in my 50s. It is worth the price and more. Thank you for everything you have done for me." Candace P.
2. “Since I’ve been working out at BA I’ve lost over 10 pounds. I would still like to lose more weight, but regardless of my weight I feel much better than I did before joining. I feel optimistic that over the long-term I will continue to get in better shape, and that I can lose more weight if I get on top of my diet.” Steve S.
3. "I had heard many things about Crossfit, both positive things from friends already doing it and negative things about injuries and pointless high intensity. So when I started at BA in early 2018, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It has been with the support of the attentive and patient coaches, that I've built a lot of strength and increased my stamina. But the biggest thing for me has been that I always feel included - no matter what exercise is being done that day, it is scaled to something I can actually do while still being challenging. I love coming here, not just for the physical exercise, but also for the rapport that is built between coaches and other members. That rapport and support helps me to keep coming back especially on days I'm mentally not up for it. It is what helps to keep me moving if I want to stop during a workout. BA has been a turning point for me and I simply cannot express that enough." Tania P.
4. "I have had the opportunity to train at a few different crossfit gyms while living in different cities. Burnaby Athletics by far is a favourite due to the diverse skill sets the coaches bring to the table, excellent programming, genuine care of the members, and the supportive attitudes from the members themselves. First, the incredible knowledge base the coaches have, is from both experience and formal training, which is incredibly invaluable to any gym. The careful programming helps ensure that the members do not over-train muscle groups, but also allows for members to train once/day, while getting the benefits of a stereo-typical 2 times/day Workout + Lifting class. The care of the members shines because the coaches have a unique ability to connect with each and every member, which translates in to greater success of the members, while ensuring the safety of each and every movement; thus, decreasing the likelihood of injuries. Lastly, the incredible members at BA. Although there is playful-type competition, we all push each other to become the best versions of ourselves, which is a result of the valued hard work that goes in to becoming stronger and fitter, which is trickled down from the coaches attitudes to the members. I highly recommend Burnaby Athletics to both novice and skilled athletes." Debra R.
5. "I started doing training here around July 2017 and will never look back. I always had a suspicion I would enjoy this type of training but I had no idea I would love it as much as I do. While the workouts themselves are fun and gratifying, I truly believe the coaches, the atmosphere, and the other members at BA are responsible for all the extra love. My only regret is that I waited so long to start. For personal reasons, I had barely worked out for about a year and a half when I first started my fitness journey. I was nervous but Rob and Mark were really great at maintaining a healthy balance between easing me back into heavy lifting and simultaneously recognizing and pushing me to reach my full potential." Vinnie L.